With school back in session, many families are looking forward to fall break as a chance to take a break from homework and after school activities. Wouldn’t you like to get out of town and make special memories you’ll all cherish for years to come? Nestled in Arizona’s White Mountains, Greer is a perfect fall break destination in Arizona– particularly for residents of the Phoenix and Tucson areas, where it hasn’t cooled down much this time of year.
With true fall-like temperatures, your family will have a wonderful time enjoying the various fall activities our lovely little village has to offer! And to help you do just that, we’ve put together a fun list of fall activities to experience while you’re in Greer for fall break:
- Make caramel apples in your cozy cabin kitchen
- Visit a pumpkin patch (Greer will have it’s own pumpkin patch this year behind the historic Molly Butler Lodge)
- Have an outdoor photo shoot in a pile of colorful leaves
- Decorate a pumpkin on the lawn at the Molly’s
- Jump start your Christmas shopping at the Grey Goose Traders Holiday House
- Go fishing and participate in the Lazy Trout’s Fall Fishing Derby
- Grab a fall coffee or ice cream treat at 92 Beans
- Take a nature walk on the nearby West Baldy Trail to view Greer’s beautiful fall foliage
- Pack a fall picnic and enjoy it in one of Greer’s lovely meadows (you might just see deer or elk!)
- Enjoy a tasty, home-cooked meal at the Molly Butler Lodge restaurant
With so many fun fall activities, you can see why Greer is the perfect fall break destination! And to help make your trip extra special, we have put together a great fall break offer! Book 2 nights in any of our 50+ cabins and receive a $25 gift certificate to our award-winning restaurant. Book three or more nights, and you will receive a $50 gift certificate!
And if that’s not enough, your family could win a Fall Foliage Getaway to Greer! To enter, visit the Molly Butler Lodge’s Facebook page for details. But hurry! The winner will be announced on October 1st!